Due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, all human activities have suffered to a greater extent. This has ultimately made them come to a standstill. However, slowly and gradually, things have started to change a bit. Life is coming to normal owing to the decrease in the intensity of the pandemic situation world-wide. The pandemic Covid-19 caused the closure of high schools and thereby affecting academic as well as sports activities for a very long period. A few of the high schools located in Philadelphia have decided to reopen the sports activities during the ongoing pandemic situation. However, there are various other educational
institutions that are still feeling hesitant and confronting postponement and cancellation of sports seasons, particularly the winter and the fall season.
They contain the spread of the pandemic Covid-19, a very small number of sports activities, especially physical pursuits, have been allowed. Due to the social distancing and nonavailability of sports activities, athletes have suffered a massive blow in terms of their routine workout, exercises, and games. To compensate for their practices, school athletes have to find substitutions with respect to their sports activities.
One can not deny the significance of sports activities as an integral component of children’s health. There are many things whereby athletes can keep them active. As a matter of fact, the school’s athletes are motivated to select any one category of sports. They get a lot of chances to concentrate and put their focus on specialized sports.
These days, school athletes can take part in different sports and practices thereof. The football player and the basketball players can participate in their respective game workouts. However, concentrating entirely on physical activities may result in overburdening particular muscles and might cause some injury as well.
The opportunity for young athletes has increased after the postponement of sports. Now, they can try out and experiment with different forms of sports exercises. Following are a few of the best ones that they should experiment with:
- Stretching: One of the best things after the postponement of sports events they can experiment is stretching. You can reduce the chances of injuries and can enhance flexibility by working on stretching. To improve relaxation, flexibility, and strength, yoga can be incorporated with breathing and stretching.
- Cardio: Cardio exercises are deemed as the best in order to increase the heart rate, improve endurance, and strengthen the lungs. A few of the popular forms of cardio are swimming, running, cycling, jogging, walking, and hiking.
- Core Exercises: To build the back muscles and to strengthen the abdominal part, you can do core exercises such as planks and crunches.
- Strength Training: There are various strength training exercises that you can do at home, such as pull-ups and pushups. Using resistance bands for exercise can be easily used at home. You can consider building muscles as well if you have got the proper equipment that can help in weight training. It can be useful in improving your health as well.
- Lower Body Exercises: Squats and Lunges are considered to be the best lower body exercises in order to strengthen the hamstrings and the quads.
In addition to this, a well-balanced diet is also essential for young athletes. A better diet would help these young sportsmen to continue the good habits that can make them feel healthy in their adulthood as well. It is an excellent time for the young athletes to get some proper knowledge regarding the nutrients and everything about their diet and health. They should learn everything about the micronutrients and the macronutrients as these are essential for a healthy and robust body.
Along with all of these, you should still take proper guidance from your coach and parents. You must take precautions regarding Covid-19 and avoid doing activities where there are gatherings. Social distancing must be maintained no matter what.